Saturday, August 10, 2013

Jewellery Boxes for the Granddaughters

G'day, We finally had a beautiful sunny day so that I my daughter could snap some photos of the jewellery boxes that I made my granddaughters for Christmas. I did make another one exactly the same as the ones pictured below but I already sent it to Laila for her 1st birthday last week. They where heaps of fun to create and I had a chance to play with the sizzix big shot and all the wonderful dies that I been purchasing of late. It is my hope they will treasure them for years to come.
 I made 4 little boxes adored with flowers, their names and a pretty butterfly.
A little difficult to see in the photo but there is glitter across their names and I've put a clear plastic over the top to protect their name tag.
I kept the bulk of the floral arrangement to one side as there is an elastic band that can  be pulled up over the side to hold the lid down on the box. It wasn't until I added the little punched out 6 pointed flowers with the coloured copic centers, that the piece pulled together.
The paper I used was pretty but I wanted to shabby it up just a little, so I stamped in walnut distress ink the script font and the messy circle image in random places. The inside top of the box has a pretty ribbon with bow and a little charm that reads 'made with love'.
 There is plenty of room inside for the girls to add other pretties.
I made them each a little bracelet with a hanging tea cup and saucer, a pretty pink crystal and a bow to tie it all together. I can imagine the girls having a highland tea party in the future.

Jewelery Boxes Details
Box: Collections - Pencil case with elastic band
Paint: Acrylic - Rose, White
         Tattered Angels - Glimmer Glam Heffalump
Dies: Marianne Design CR1212
         Die-namics - Scallop Ribbon
         Die-namics - Mini Royal Roses
         Memory Box - Vivienne Butterfly
         Memory Box - Darla Butterfly
         Joy - Vintage Borders 6002/0162
         Joy - Vintage Flourishes 6003/0014
         Joy - Vintage Flourishes 6003/0026
Stamps: SMP 016
Paper: BoBunny - Jazmyne Symmetry #12JS405
           Cre8tiv
Distress Ink: Jim Holtz - Walnut stain, tattered rose
Punch: Fiskars - small 6 petal flower
Copics: RV34, R56
Flowers: Roses Curly, Cherry Blooms, Ribbon Roses
Pearls: Style & Grace - 6mm Ivory Glass Pearls
Tea set: Ebay
Elastic: Pepperell - 1mm/.039in Stretch Magic
Miscellous: ribbon, jewellery pieces, flat back pearls, diamonties, cardstock

Now it's time to wrapped them up and put them in a place that I will remember again at Christmas time. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Vickie, these are simply stunning!! What little girl wouldn't love and treasure these for years to come. I wish I had a Nana like you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in Advance to taking time to leave me a comment, they sure do brighten my day.
*Hugs* Nana Vic / Nightowl

Awards

Scrap N' Art Journey
Thanks Angie
Make it Crafty
Make it Crafty
Thanks Zoe
Patties Creation Challenge
Patties Creation Challenge
Thanks Pattie
Midnight Madness (x 2)
Thanks Priscilla and DT