Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Playing with my copic markers 4 cards to share

When time permits I still get a chance to play with my copics and create some cards for my family and friends. I have learnt a valuable lesson this last month and that is that not all scraps of paper are safe in my little crafting area. I have a feeling that one or perhaps it was both of my grandbabies have taken my little hidden stash of papers with notes on them and used them to draw on. So I'm sorry to say that I don't have all the details for the cards listed below, however I will do my best to share what parts I do remember. *Smiles*
*********
My first card was created for my son-in-law Jamie who was turning 30. He was having a real problem with how old he felt he was getting and I thought that my digital stamp Roller Coaster was just perfect for the occasion. Making a male card is always a challenge, so I used the digital as my main focus to take up most of the card. I made the sentiment large and that only left me with a little bit of space to decorate down the side with a red knot, die cut flourish and a dream ticket.

Copics used to colour Roller Coaster: 
Background: B000, BG02
Jeans: B21, B23, B45, B95
Seats: E11, E17, E33, E37
Roller Coaster: V04, V06, V09, V12, RV52
Flames: Y00, Y38, YR7, R17, R24, R29, R59
Tracks, Hair, Hat, Pantie Bloomers: C0, C2, C4, C7
Skin: E30, E50, E53
Shirt: G12, G40, G43, YG03
Dress: R81, R83, R85, RV21

The inside of the card was keep fairly plain but I did make a big point of making the number stand out. I used the same colours from the roller coaster and flames (listed above) to colour the number in. I put dimensional magic over the flames to make them shine and add dimension. Jamie did like his card and I'm sure I seen a little smile sneak across his face with the inside.

*********
My second card I'd like to share today was created for a friend at work, she wanted a pretty card for her granddaughter's first birthday.
I created a step card so I had plenty of surfaces to play with and dress up with pretty flowers, papers, die lace boarder and of course pink diamante swirls. I used my own digital stamps Unicorn and the sentiment from Birthday Set 2 and they were coloured with copics. 
I adore the way that the first step of the card can have off the page elements, yet when it's closed it has the support needed from the underneath layer for easy posting and handling.
I totally cheated and used an already peel and stick for the little flowers and the butterfly. I left plenty of room for nana to write her own message to her granddaughter.
Copic list used for the digital stamp rainbow unicorn
I hope to be able to create these images with a list of the copics I used to colour the unicorn. If your on pinterest, I welcome pinning.
*********
Something a little different for my 3rd card, it's a singing cowboy. Again I've used one of my own digitals Cowboy Bathtub and the sentiment from the word art Live Life 1. I brought the epic 6 die cutting machine but it didn't come with any instructions. I used an embossing folder to create a frame but it embossed so deeply that it cut through the paper almost all the way. No problem, I pulled out all the little semi circles on the edge and it now looks like a postage stamp frame. It works for me this time, but I will have to experiment more to work out how to emboss better next time. My colour combination was blue and yellow and the only embellishments were the little brass brads, butchers twine and a gun charm.

To add the vintage rough look, Tim Holtz distress ink walnut was used on the edges and to highlight the raised embossed sections.
The inside was left plain using the same colours and the edges inked.

Copic list of colours used for the digital stamp Cowboy Bathtub.
Pinners welcome to pin and share the image above.
*********
The final card today was made for a friend at work who was not feeling well for a few weeks. I don't really know too much about her, except for the story she shared with me about her dog eating her thongs. I used my digital stamp puppy form Baby Set 1 and added in a pair of thongs all chewed up. The card was done in an easel style and most of the edges were distressed with a pair of scissors. 

Darlene's Puppy Card Details:
Digital Stamps: Nana Vic Baby Animals 1 ,Well Wishes NV_WA0026
Dies: Marianne Design CR1212
        Marianne Design CR1245
        Joy Crafts Vintage Flourishes 6003/0027
        Couture creations Victorian Squares #6 #5
Copics: R02, R85, E11, E30, E33, E53, BG02, W1, W3, W5, W7, B00, B23, B95, YR24
Stash: charms, flowers, ribbon, butterfly.
**********
Well that's it for today, I hope that you've enjoyed the cards that I put up. I will try not to be so slack and leave so long in between posts. I'm just waiting for a nice sunny day to get a clear photo of the projects that I made my granddaughters for Christmas.


1 comment:

  1. Goodness, you've been so busy! All of your cards are wonderful, and I'm sure your son will enjoy his! Your coloring is perfect...so glad I stopped by! Hugs....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in Advance to taking time to leave me a comment, they sure do brighten my day.
*Hugs* Nana Vic / Nightowl

Awards

Scrap N' Art Journey
Thanks Angie
Make it Crafty
Make it Crafty
Thanks Zoe
Patties Creation Challenge
Patties Creation Challenge
Thanks Pattie
Midnight Madness (x 2)
Thanks Priscilla and DT